Robert A. Sciortino, MD.
Board - Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Sciortino is a Board certified Orthopedic Surgeon who has been in practice in the St. Louis area since 1992. His specialty includes Sports Medicine and Adult Reconstruction. He is proficient in advanced arthroscopic techniques including arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and arthroscopic anterior cruciate reconstruction. He is also interested in Total Joint Replacement of the knee, hip, and shoulder, including minimally invasive hip replacement surgery. Dr. Sciortino is one of the few orthopedic surgeons in the area who routinely performs the minimally invasive Superpath technique of hip replacement surgery. For more information on the Superpath technique, click on the following link: SUPERPATH.
Dr. Sciortino is a consultant for MicroPort Orthopedics, Inc., the company that developed the SuperPath® technique, and he trains other orthopedic surgeons to perform this technique.
Dr. Sciortino was also selected by his peers as one of St. Louis Magazine's “Best Doctors” in 2009, 2010, and 2011.
He was also elected president of the St. Louis Orthopedic Society in 2009
- High school: St. Louis Priory School
- College: Stanford University
- Medical school: Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Internship: General Surgery, St. Louis University Hospital
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, St. Louis University Hospital
Hospital staff memberships
- St. Luke’s Hospital
- The Total Joint Center of St. Louis
- Advanced Ambulatory Surgical Care
Affiliations and Societies
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, St. Louis Orthopedic Society
- Member, Missouri State Orthopedic Society
- Member, St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society
- Member, Missouri State Medical Association